the oficial website of the city

Home Forums CityGov Message Board See How Much It Effects PoE

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of poe11 poe11 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of poe11
    poe11
    Participant

We spoke to poe currency purchase of other companies that Tencent has invested in, and have been assured that Tencent has never tried to interfere with game design or operations outside of China. We retain full control of Path of Exile and will only make changes that we feel are best for the game.

I think we have to wait and see how much it effects PoE, but unless they intend to to get their money back solely from new games yet to be made (which I doubt). PoE could well become a cash cow.

We will see how long it is before they ruin this gaming company. POE was one of the best multiplayer ARPG on the market. Had a great business model where they didn’t nickel and dime people, truly only cosmetics and simple quality of life things in the store. Got a feeling by this time next year will be an entirely different feel to the game. If they don’t bring in the profits that Tencent wants they will force them to change things that is a promise.

Not sure how many of the already limited number of paying PoE customers will be willing to spend money knowing it’ll no longer go to poe currency trade. Those Reddit questions look similar to the ones for Daybreak after SOE. Unless my memory fails me they had similar answers to not scare away to flock.

I don’t think the influx of cash is a bad thing and Tencent is pretty hands off because it buys successful studios with successful games and lets them keep doing what they do best. I, for one, would love to see GGG make something else alongside PoE.

I don’t think the influx of cash is a bad thing and Tencent is pretty hands off because it buys successful studios with successful games and lets them keep doing what they do best. I, for one, would love to see GGG make something else alongside PoE.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.